I just downloaded and am using a portable version of what I thought was Audacity 3. It looks and behaves very differently. Much improved. I just think it’s great to have the data file combined with the aup because now I can keep them in my regular folders. Before, I had to keep them separate from the other parts of my projects, because when I ran a tracklist, the tracklist program would list all of the data files, which made project review cumbersome. Now, that is solved.
I also like the “grabber” for shifting the track. Saves me a step. I haven’t been around in a while. What else is new?
Also, there’s a couple of glitches in the current method of converting from the old format to the new. Hopefully these glitches will be fixed in future versions of Audacity. Because of this, I would not recommend batch converting all your old projects - If you do, you should check that they all work correctly before deleting the originals.
Hi. I’m not considering deleting the old files because all of those .au files could be of use in an emergency. However, I would like to store them in a separate drive. I ran a tracklist program on one of my drives today, to review a printed list of the whole drive, and the list came out to be 7000 pages. Skimming thelist, I see page after page of .au files. I bet that 5000 of those 7000 pages are filled with .au files. I think I would like to convert the old files and remove them from this drive, so my tracklists are cleaner. I do have all of the old files stored on another drive in another city. The problem is batch conversion of what I am carrying.