need help

I am using windows 7
Audacity 2.0.3 version, when i do a recording, through usb device,i export the multi files to mp3 that works fine. But when i try to do new project it does not record no sound come trough, do u have fix for that, i have to restart the pc every time i do a sound recording, it takes very long time every day after one recording need restart the pc. you help is much appricated.

Do you unplug the microphone at the end of a song? Audacity only checks for USB microphones when it starts. Plug the microphone in, wait a second and then start Audacity.

Audacity > Edit > Preferences > Devices > Recording.
Select your USB microphone.

Koz

I don’t unplug the usb device, after recording I close the program and try to restart it but does record any sound.

When song has recorded, i don;t unplug my usb device, i click on new recording then nothing records, restart program nothing happens, i will give try see how it goes i will unplug device and then see what happens

Hello i am still having no luck with it i did wat was suggested.
I still have to restart my

What is the make and model number of the USB device you are recording with?

What happens if instead of rebooting, you launch Audacity then choose Transport > Rescan Audio Devices? Can you then choose your USB device from the list of input devices in Device Toolbar ?

Gale