My medium quality USB turntable has composite red/white exits too and an aux exit as well, do phono converters exist

USB to my spdif sound card sound great, but I only have a high quality subwoofer + 2 speakers, not a home cinema/gamer submersion setup, unless I would move my best desktop to the livingroom, my graphics card has 2 HDMI exits and 2 DVI ports, I can plug in 4 monitors to the thing and I guess it would sound awesome, but the livingroom, the one upstairs anyway is my gf’s domain, I get my office room on the first floor, but we have extremely different tastes in music so I have a second “office”, more like a band practice space that I renovated into a home bar and pool table club.

Anyway, chit-chat presentation of myself as a newbie here aside, I’d like to know if those red white composite exits or the auxilliary exit, my best is that auxiliary is mostly for typical CD/tape medium-high quality flashy stereos everyone had or still have from the early '00s and on, devices always had tons of ports back then, kids here might not know, unless curious. So my final thought is, is that red/white exit I have tried with a converter to a 1/8 inch typical connector for the line-in with 2 female composite red/white exits and the sound was pretty bad that way, through the desktop speakers, USB won over it a lot. I’ve tried it on my father’s insane sound system, has so many ports that I just plugged it into the amp and the sound was acceptable but it seems unless there’s a USB port, it won’t give quality sound, unless, there is such a thing as male composite sound cables to a phono adapter of some kind, have that plugged into my sound system which is then connected either by bluetooth to the desktop or by wires, my choice, I go with wires, except for when I decide to pull out the Bluetooth headphones I have, but that’s irrelevant, bad me.

If that’s too much or too complicated, I have found a better, medium-high quality turntable which has USB AND Phono exits that can somehow be used on the computer, not certain how that works, but it’s a Pyle brand turntable, even has a cassette player on the side, unfortunately I have one real album on cassette left anymore, all those I got myself with paperboy money as a teenager were lost, which kind of saddens me. But the most important one. Pyle turntables seem to have good reviews on amazon and other places, they’re not Technics, but they’re a step forward from my Jensen one. which I bought because I wanted to give my dad his 1984 grey Technics turntable who had AM/FM radio too, I miss that feature a bunch…one day, I hope he leaves it to me :wink:

The line-level analog signal out of the red/white RCA jacks is exactly the same signal that goes to the analog-to-digital converter inside the turntable (then comes-out digitally from the USB port).

In theory you would get better sound through your stereo using the analog connections without the extra analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversions. In practice there will be no difference.*

Sometimes there is a line/phono switch on the turntable so you can get the unamplified signal directly from the phono pickup. That’s designed to plug-into the “phono” input on an older stereo. The signal from the phono preamp is VERY’ weak and it’s not RIAA equalized so the and bass is very-weak.

• That’s assuming the setup is otherwise identical and there is no problems/defects with one connection or the other. And if one connection is slightly-louder than the other, people will usually perceive the louder option as having better “sound quality”.

P.S.

I have found a better, medium-high quality turntable which has USB AND Phono exits

I’m not sure what you mean by “found”, but if you are thinking about buying a different turntable, check out [u]Knowzy.com[/u] for lots of USB turntable reviews & recommendations.