Monitor H4N without latency delay

Steve sorry, I don’t know how to contact you into an old post.
I’ve just opened a post into windows, but can’t find it, I paste here my issue:

I’m using a Zoom H4n record as audio interface + Audacity 2.0.6 on my Asus ultrabook with WIN 10.

The multitrack recording works fine, but I need to monitor what I’m recording WITHOUT latency.
Enabling the playthrough into audacity brings much latency! On the other hand, enabling the monitor on the Zoom H4n, I can’t listen the backtrack (because I’m plugin the headphones into the zoom H4n).
A guy on this forum suggest to enabling the zoom H4n monitor and also set it as playing device into audacity settings, I’ve tried, but I can’t listen the backtracks playing from audacity (maybe because the zoom H4n is plugged with an USB cable?).

Any suggestion is much appreciated,
many thanks!
Milo.

To start a new topic, go to the relevant forum board (if you are using Windows, that will be here: Windows - Audacity Forum which can also be found as the third title listed on the forum home page), then click the “NEW TOPIC” button near the top left corner of the page.

Update: I see that you have already done that, so I will lock this topic and reply to you here: monitoring play back through Zoom H4N with Audacity 2.0.6