- create an audio project
- click on file->export audio
- in the save dialog, open the file browser by clicking on “browse…”
- now try to copy and paste a piece of text in the file name field
- what happens is that I hear the system “standard error” sound as something seems to be blocked/disabled
- what should happen: ctrl-v just pastes your text into the field
A workaround is to use right-click and then “paste” - but that can’t be a standard solution as it circumvents the “regular” user pattern.
You really need to log bugs on Muse’s GitHub issues log:
You need a GitHub account for that, but those are free.
Is this a regression - i.e. did it work in previous versions of Audacity?
Yes, I have been using Audacity for years and I think these issues started with the last 2 releases.
Thanks! When I find the time, I will repost my bug reports on Github
BTW this appears to be Mac only
It works fine on Windows 10 testing with 3/4/1 and the latest Beta test build I have for 3.4.2
which is the reason why I always put “MacOS:” in the title if it’s about a platform-dependent issue
I submitted the error to the Github board now. Thanks for pointing it out!