Link failure 1.3.13

Hello,
OS - Win XP Sp3
Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
wxWidgets-2.8-11 - Release compiled successfully
Audacity Version 1.3.13 beta - Attempt to compile Release

I wanted to try the latest from svn because of the ASIO potential.

It seems linking is failing on filedialog.lib and likely other *.lib files in the library list because I can’t find them in the install tree. I
see a filedialog project in lib-src but not a library (.lib file). Any help would be appreciated.

Excerpts of the log output are below.

#############Linking error#########
1>Linking…
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘filedialog.lib’
1>Build log was saved at “file://c:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseBuildLog.htm”
1>Audacity - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

######Command########

Creating command line “cl.exe @c:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseRSP0000B625765220.rsp /nologo /errorReport:prompt”
Creating temporary file “c:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseRSP0000B725765220.rsp” with contents
[
/O2 /GL /I “C:wxWidgets-2.8.11libvc_dllmsw” /I “C:wxWidgets-2.8.11include” /I “…” /I “…srcincludewin32” /I
“…srcinclude” /I “…lib-srcFileDialog” /I “…lib-srcexpat” /I “…lib-srcffmpegwin32” /I
“…lib-srcffmpeg” /I “…lib-srclib-widget-extra” /I “…lib-srclibflacinclude” /I “…lib-srclibid3tag” /I
“…lib-srcliblrdf” /I “…lib-srclibmad” /I “…lib-srclibnyquist” /I “…lib-srclibogginclude” /I
“…lib-srclibresampleinclude” /I “…lib-srclibsampleratesrc” /I “…lib-srclibscorealign” /I “…libsndfile” /I
“…lib-srclibvamp” /I “…lib-srclibvorbisinclude” /I “…lib-srcportaudio-v19include” /I
“…lib-srcportmixerinclude” /I “…lib-srcportsmf” /I “…lib-srcredlandraptorsrc” /I “…lib-srcslv2” /I
“…lib-srcsbsmsinclude” /I “…lib-srcsoundtouchinclude” /I “…lib-srctwolamelibtwolame” /I
“…lib-srcportmidipm_common” /I “…lib-srcportmidipm_win” /I “…lib-srcportmidiporttime” /D “BUILDING_AUDACITY” /D
“FLAC__NO_DLL” /D “__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS” /D “WXUSINGDLL” /D “WXMSW” /D “NDEBUG” /D “WIN32” /D “STRICT” /D “_MBCS” /GF /FD /EHsc /MD /Gy
/Fp".Release/audacity.pch" /Fo"ReleaseSoundActivatedRecord1.obj" /Fd"Releasevc90.pdb" /W3 /c /wd4996 …srcSoundActivatedRecord.cpp
]
Creating command line “cl.exe @c:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseRSP0000B725765220.rsp /nologo /errorReport:prompt”
Creating command line “rc.exe /d “NDEBUG” /l 0x809 /I “C:wxWidgets-2.8.11include” /I “…src” /fo"Release/audacity.res” …audacity.rc"
Creating temporary file “c:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseRSP0000B825765220.rsp” with contents
[
/VERBOSE:LIB /OUT:“C:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityReleaseAudacity.exe” /LIBPATH:“C:AudacitywinProjectsAudacityRelease”
/LIBPATH:“C:wxWidgets-2.8.11libvc_dll” /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:“ReleaseAudacity.exe.intermediate.manifest” /MANIFESTUAC:“level=‘asInvoker’
uiAccess=‘false’” /NODEFAULTLIB:“dsound.lib” /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /STACK:8388608 /LTCG /DYNAMICBASE:NO /MACHINE:X86 filedialog.lib libsndfile.lib
portaudio-v19.lib wxbase28.lib wxbase28_net.lib wxmsw28_adv.lib wxmsw28_core.lib wxmsw28_html.lib wxexpat.lib wxpng.lib wxzlib.lib wxjpeg.lib
wxtiff.lib comctl32.lib rpcrt4.lib wsock32.lib winmm.lib oleacc.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib
shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib
oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

Todd Carter

The filedialog.lib should be built in the winRelease folder as part of building Audacity, before you link.

• Have you installed an appropriate SDK ?

• Did you build Widgets in “DLL Release” configuration?

• Are you building the filedialog project in Audacity? (check Configuration Manger in Visual Studio)

Gale

When this happens to me the solution is to open the Batch Build… dialog and select ALL, then Clean (this is being overly inclusive but assures that everything is clean). Now rebuild your configuration with Build Solution.

If you still have the problem there might be something with a file lock on the library–search your Audacity folder for all occasions of the file and manually delete them then clean and rebuild.