libsoxr library in Windows x64 platform

Hello,

I am trying to compile libsoxr library for Windows x64 platform.

In Windows x64 platform inline asm is not supported and these lines of code can’t be compile;

static __inline int fetestexcept(int excepts)
{
short status_word;
__asm fnstsw status_word
return status_word & excepts & FE_ALL_EXCEPT;
}

static __inline int feclearexcept(int excepts)
{
int16_t status[14];
__asm fnstenv status
status[2] &= ~(excepts & FE_ALL_EXCEPT);
__asm fldenv status
return 0;
}

In 64bit OS X platform it is compiling because there is fenv.h file.

Is there a solution for this?

Best,

There is no need to build libsoxr separately. Just check out latest Audacity HEAD from SVN, open winaudacity.sln then press Build > Build Solution in VS 2008. See here: Missing features - Audacity Support .

Libsoxr is a third-party library so not directly related to Audacity.

Have you tried cmake Download CMake ?

In spite of what you say, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8835547/soxr-0.0.4-Source.tar.bz2 compiles in Release build for me on Windows 7 x64 VS 2008 using the vcproj file.

Or you can try latest git The SoX Resampler library / Code / [c1ebba] .

If you have some reason to build a standalone libsoxr and you have an issue you will need to contact the developer of the library (Rob Sykes) http://audacity.238276.n2.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=user&user=392503 .

Gale

Hello Gale,

Thank you for your answer.

Your are right about that it is not directly related to Audacity. I will contact with Rob.

But I can’t understand one think. x64 platform doesn’t support inline asm. How you can compile this with inline asm in microsoft compiler / x64 platform.

I am using VC++ express 2012. I have looked the last version of libsoxr and these inline asm code still there.

Best,

Hello Again,

I could compile with MinGW64 gcc compilers. I just wanted to write here maybe because somebody else can need it.

Best,

I thought perhaps VS 2008 still supported inline ASM on x64, but according to this, not:
Inline Assembler | Microsoft Learn .

Or maybe it was because I moved the obj files into the src directory? There were other errors if I didn’t do that. Or is it using MASM and I don’t know that? Anyway, if Rob sheds some light on it, feel free to post.

Thanks

Gale

I don’t know about vc2008’s behavior, maybe it can compile (actually I don’t think so). It is not about moving the obj files because it is about creating obj file. When you compile a file it will be an obj file first and I couldn’t compile the file because of inline asm commands.

Now, with gcc I don’t have any problem.

Thanks,