Large tracks cut at 1 hour

Dear all,

I would like to open large tracks (from 2 to 4 hours of music) but in Audacity the track is cut at 1 hour and 13 minutes. I do not find how to solve this to have my complete track. If you can help me :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Is it a WAV file over 4GB?

WAV files have a 4GB limit due to a 32-bit size field in the header. That field can overflow and “roll over”.

If that’s the problem you can import it as Raw Data, but you may have to know the format details and you may need to guess some of the parameters. (You’ll also get a glitch at the beginning where the header gets converted to audio.)

Thx for answer. It is a mp3 file 170 mo. I have tried different tracks but it is the same

OK - MP3 doesn’t have an artificial size limit, and “raw” will be un-decoded MP3 and pure noise.

VBR (variable bitrate) MP3s can sometimes have weird timing issues but they don’t normally cause trouble in Audacity.

You can try VBRFix or try decompressing to WAV (or FLAC) with Kabuu Audio Converter or the converter of your choice.

Or, “worst case”, you can try re-recording the files with Audacity while playing them with a different application.