Key Bindings Don't Work [SOLVED]

Hi.

I’m using Audacity 2.05 on Windows 7 x64. When I go to Edit > Preferences > Keyboard and attempt to change the key bindings for Play, Stop, and Pause, it fails.

I’m trying to change Pause to the Spacebar, which is the key binding I’m accustomed to using other media applications (Audition, Media Monkey, iTunes, VLC, and so on). I’ve removed all key bindings for Stop (which was the Spacebar), Ok’d out of Preferences, closed and restarted Audacity, but STILL when I try to set Spacebar as the binding for Pause I’m told in an error dialog “The keyboard shortcut ‘Space’ is already assigned to: ‘PlayStop’.”

Help?!

Please look in Help > About Audacity… and make sure you have 2.0.5 (two decimal points). If not, you can get 2.0.5 from Audacity ® | Download for Windows .

There is no need to restart Audacity to apply key bindings changes. You can remove a binding from one command then assign it to another command one step after another, then just click OK in Preferences when you have completed all the steps.

In the “Transport” category of Keyboard Preferences, clear SPACE for “Play” and for “Stop”.

In the “Command” category, clear SPACE for Play/Stop (the command mentioned in the error). Then you can assign SPACE to Pause.

Gale

Ahhh. I hadn’t noticed the Command section. I kept clearing the commands in the Transport section, not realizing that Play/Stop was again assigned the same shortcut in the other.

Thank you!