I have been using Audacity since 2014 and I have not had problems until yesterday. Here is what is happening to me. Since 2014, I normally record audio from pro wrestling events and like I said before, I have not had problems until recently. When I record the audio, I click on export to .mp3 and from what it seems, the audio is saved normally into a .mp3 file. However, when I want to play it, it seems the duration is 0:00 with no audio, which means I did not save nothing at all.
At first, I supposed it was due to using an old version of Audacity, which I downloaded in mid-2014 (probably August), so I re-installed the program and the problem is still there. To clarify, I am currently using Windows 7.
This is first time I have this kind of issue and I could not find nothing on Google, so I have to ask here.
…As a work-around, you can export to WAV (or FLAC) and then use a 3rd-party MP3 encoder. When I just need to make an MP3 (without any editing) I’ve been using [u]TAudioConverter[/u]. …It can convert to/from several different formats and once it’s set-up it’s just drag, drop, and click. And, you can drag-in several files at once.