Hello. I’m localizing Audacity to Japanese.
I tried translating default Nyquist plugins and confirmed whether it affects them correctly.
Things are mostly OK but some are not.
1. Errors I can’t meet
#: plug-ins/adjustable-fade.ny #, lisp-format msgid "~aPercentage values cannot be more than 1000 %."
▲ Even if I use extremely loud setting(), the effect doesn’t return this error.
( Fade Type: Fade Up, Mid-fade Adjust: 0.0, Start/End as: % of Original, Start: 1500.0, End: 2000.0, Handy Presets: None Selected)
#: plug-ins/adjustable-fade.ny #, lisp-format msgid "" "~adB values cannot be more than +100 dB.~%~%~\n" " Hint: 6 dB doubles the amplitude~%~\n" " t-6 dB halves the amplitude."
▲ When I change ‘Start/End as’ of above extreme setting to “dB Gain” and press ‘OK’,
I get an empty error that displays just “Error”, rather than the detail lisp message.
#: plug-ins/delay.ny #, lisp-format msgid "Number of echoes '~a' outside valid range 1 to 50.~%~a"
▲ This and 3 similar messages are replaced with simpler ones.
e.g. Set ‘Number of echoes’ as 100, then ‘OK’. Error is “Not in range 1 to 30”.
2. Errors ignoring translation
#: plug-ins/highpass.ny plug-ins/lowpass.ny #, lisp-format msgid "" "Error:~%~%Frequency (~a Hz) is too high for track sample rate.~%~%~\n" " Track sample rate is ~a Hz~%~\n" " Frequency must be less than ~a Hz."
▲ I can see this error but it’s shown as completely untranslated even after I updated mo file.
Note that the other error of highpass and lowpass, “Frequency must be at least 0.1 Hz.”, does accept translation.
#: plug-ins/sample-data-export.ny #, lisp-format msgid "" "~a~%Sample Rate: ~a Hz. Sample values on ~a scale. ~a.~%~aLength processed: ~a ~\n" " samples, ~a seconds.~%Peak amplitude: ~a (linear) ~a dB. Unweighted RMS: ~a dB.~%~\n" " DC offset: ~a~a"
▲ This and some similar messages for result dialog and text header ignore translation.
Additionally, when I use the text export with “All” header, wxWidgets shows so many (over 70) error alerts saying “wxUniChar::FromHi8bit(): invalid multibyte character” before completing export and appearing the dialog.
This seems something related with that the data import can deal only with pure ASCII letters.
#: plug-ins/sample-data-import.ny #, lisp-format msgid "" "Error~%~\n" " '~a' could not be opened.~%~\n" " Check that file exists."
▲ This and some similar error messages ignore translation.
#: plug-ins/vocalrediso.ny msgid "" " - The two channels are identical, i.e. dual mono.\n" " The center can't be removed.\n" " Any remaining difference may be caused by lossy encoding."
▲ This and some similar error messages except “A fairly good value …” ignore translation.
“A fairly good value …” is a string which has only one line, so it might be a kind of hint.
I confirmed, on Notepad++, that the default scripts in my “Plug-ins” folder are LF-newline text files and they’re the ones enabled on plugin manager.
3. Errors saying wrong
#: plug-ins/StudioFadeOut.ny #, lisp-format msgid "Selection too short.~%It must be more than 2 samples."
▲ Selection can be just 2 samples when project rate is 22050 Hz.
When 96000 Hz, selecting less than 6 samples gets “more than 2 samples” error.
4. Plug-ins which doesn’t work
I can’t confirm how ‘Regular Interval Labels’ works and I can hardly translate it therefore.
When I use it with its default setting, it returns a simple dialog saying “Nyquist returned the value: 2” and nothing else happens.
If I press ‘Debug’ instead of OK, firstly it returns 2 and then debug output shows the result beginning with “error: bad argument type - NIL”.
Here’s my environment.
- Audacity: 2.3.1-alpha-Oct 8 2018 from Audacity devel on FossHub
- OS: Windows 7 64bit
- mo file: Attached as zip (because *.mo file couldn’t be attached directly)
ja.zip (113 KB)