Is there a way to macro "append audio file to the end of the current file"?

I’ve been trying to figure this out myself, but I’m not that clever, and the language of macros eludes me a bit.

I need to systematically add an audio “tag” to existing audio files – the same file every time (I volunteer for a community radio station, and we’re adapting some of our talk shows as podcasts with a standard ‘signature’ at the end of every show).

First, I can’t seem to get Import2 to work – it says “Audacity did not recognize the type of the file (path)”. But I import MP3s into Audacity without incident all the time.

Second, the idea of “import at the end of Audio Track 1” seems to be something that’s not baked into the macros, or maybe it is but there’s a language to that command I can’t recognize.

Any help appreciated!

You don’t need a macro for this.

1. Import the main audio file
  2. Import the “tag” that you want at the end (it will appear below the track created in step 1)
  3. Ctrl + A (select All)
  4. “Tracks menu > Align Tracks > Align End to End”

When you “Export” the project, the two tracks will be mixed down to a single file.

Thank you, Steve! A macro is still helpful, as I may be batching a lot of files at once for weekly upload, and the ability to append the signature (and some other things) in one go through a macro to multiple files will be very handy. I think what you outline here will work in a macro as well.