I am a newer user to Audacity and am very frustrated with a particular problem that I hope someone can shed some light on.
When I installed Audacity and opened it I noticed that I was unable to hear any sound from my browsers. My applications such as WMP and VLC were still playing audible sound however anything from a browser, IE, FF or Chrome would be silent so no audio from Youtube or any other online video/audio site. This problem persisted after I had closed Audacity. I restarted my Windows Audio service through the services.msc and also changed the output device in Audacity to something other than the Soundblaster Card all to no avail. The only way to recover my sound from browsers is to reboot my CPU.
This is quite troublesome. I searched the forum and found a similar post however with no resolution. My OS is XP however this is happening on a 7 machine as well.