Inserting new audio files in existing recording

Guys, I am just learning Audacity and can’t figure out:

1. how to insert a new audio file in the marked point of existing audio file (i rerecorded a section and want to substitute it with a new one)
  2. I deleted a section by mistake and Undo action is not working (not activated)
  3. I saved my project (saved as) to not loose changes, and now i cannot do Effects - none of the lines are activated (in grey)
    Thank you for your help.

I hope to goodness you’re in Audacity 1.3.12. Earlier Audacity versions make some of these jobs really awkward.

Open up both songs – in two different windows of Audacity if you need to. Copy from one and paste into the other. A fine variation is start a new timeline in the “finished” show and add the second song in that new timeline. Then use the envelope and time shift tools to jocky the new piece so the transition is perfect.

That last piece only works well in Audacity 1.3.

<<< I deleted a section by mistake and Undo action is not working (not activated)>>>

Did you close the show between the deletion and the UNDO? Audacity Projects do not save UNDO history.

<<<I saved my project (saved as) to not loose changes, and now i cannot do Effects - none of the lines are activated (in grey)>>>

You must be in Audacity 1.2. 1.2 makes you select some audio before the effects work. Audacity 1.3 doesn’t do that.

http://audacityteam.org/download/

Koz