Input only comes in on left side left HELP!

Whenever I try to record something, it works but I’m only getting input on the left side. I’m using an Alesis io2 express and a condenser mic. I just started recording my own music and don’t know much about it but I’ve tried every possible thing I can think of and can’t get any sound to go in through the right. I don’t know if something is wrong with the interface or it’s just a setting that I have to switch. Please help if you can because this is getting more than frustrating. Thanks!

The Alesis io2 express is a 2 channel interface. Each channel is independent of the other. If you are using only one microphone, ensure that it is plugged into the left channel of the interface and set Audacity to record “1 channel (mono)” in the device toolbar.

Thanks for replying but I’ve had it plugged in to the left and on mono and I’m still getting no input on the right.

Please read the reply you were given carefully. If you set Audacity to record one channel (mono) in the fourth box of Device Toolbar then there will be no right channel, only the left, which will record as a single mono track.

Gale