First things first. I’m running Windows 8.1 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series and have Audacity 2.0.5.
I only just bought a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it. (SO not impressed with this OS.) Anyway, I’m trying to get everything set up. I do voice recordings using an external microphone I use through a Tascam US-200 audio interface. It has the ability to record in stereo and I have done so using Audacity on my old computer running Windows 7 with no problems.
I checked that the Tascam system has been tested with Windows 8. No problems there. I installed the drivers, got the newest Audacity I could find and set everything up. However, I’m still only getting mono sound instead of stereo when I attempt to record. I’ve double checked that the Default Format for the input device is set to 2 channel, 16 bit, 441000 Hz and that Audacity is set to take in a stereo input. No joy. I can record sound but only in mono.
What’s really odd is that when I turn off Audacity and turn it back on and then set the input to monitor the microphone I DO get stereo showing up on the monitor… for about naught point nothing seconds. Then it goes back to mono.