Initial delay (12 seconds) in playthrough

I have used Audacity versions starting 5 years ago, initially on Mac and now on PC. Last successful use was in Feb 24. I started a new project yesterday and saw there was a version update so I installed it.

Problem:

  1. I generated a rhythm track and can hear it.
  2. I added a mono track and when I began to record, I could not hear the rhythm track. I recorded a few spoken words anyway.
  3. I added a second mono track. When I started to record on it, again neither the rhythm track nor the 1st mono track could be heard - until about 12 seconds of recording had passed. Then I heard the rhythm track and the 1st mono track as if they had just started.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.