I recorded vocals to an existing guitar track and my vocals were delayed a lot

hey i dragged a wav file guitar track into audacity and i recorded my vocals over it. for the record i am very new to daws, interfaces and recording in general. however i do have years of vocal experience so i know enough to know that there was serious delay with my vocals in the recording. i checked online for an answer and there was a whole step by step process on how to fix this delay, but it said to plug in a usb mic and set it in front of my speakers . im using a xlr condenser mic with an audio interrface. i was not using direct monitoring either so i know its not that. the article did say that this issue tends to happen when you overdub to a track that wasnt created in audacity. i have reaper but audacity has been more helpful to me being new to this whole thing, i also believe i have the new aud version b/c i just dloaded it a few months ago. apparently an old version can be an issue with this problem. if its possible can someone let me know if i could fix this recording without having to record this again. thats something id like to know how to do if possible.thanks

Can grab and drag tacks into alignment …

Once you’ve measured the latency of your particular system , you can set & forget …

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.