I observe/mesure exactly a different latency (typically 200-400 ms) , from time to time , when doing many recordings (wh

I already published that in another topic, no real explanation or solution, and was said better to start a new one
Here it is !
XavierRodet
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina or later

Re: Recording new track to saved project in sync, when playback new track is out of time but in time by itself seperatel

Post by XavierRodet » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:14 pm
MacOS Big Sur V 11.1 5(0C69) SSD hard Disk Audacity 2.3.3 Great Software !!!
I am new ( Thursday Jan. 28 2021 ) on the Forum. At the moment I cannnt find the proper answer, thank yu in advance

Input & output through USB → Diamon Sound Tube (a simple sound “card”)

I observe/mesure exactly a different latency (typically 200-400 ms) , from time to time , when doing many recordings (while playing sumultaneously for play along/playback usage)
though WITHOUT change :
no change of hardware
no restart of Audacity
no change of Sample Rate
what else ?

The only (I believe) things I change are:

• the zoom in the window where I play and record simultaneously for play along or playback usage
  • a New Window for the play along and recording tracks
  • Put the Mac to sleep (a correct translation for the French “Suspendre l’activité d’un Mac” ? … acording to gogol…)

Of course, after measuring it , I can compensate exactly (I use click tracks) but it is annoying and time consuming.

Even if no solution, I would be happy to know WHEN / HOW it occurs ???
Any hint ???
Thank you in advance !
Xavier Rodet

The latency is likely to change if there are any changes to the sound system, such as changing the device, changing the sample rate, changing the bit format. I don’t know why the latency would change if there are no changes to the sound system - that doesn’t happen for me.