I can't seem to find a way to disable the slow motion. >_<

Hello everyone!

I looked at the wiki but wasn’t able to find any information about it! :slight_smile: I think it’s called “scrubbing”? It’s the thing that happens, when you press and hold “CTRL” and left-click on your track-thingie. :slight_smile: I looked in the Settings too but it wouldn’t allow me to edit any of the mouse/keyboard bindings.

And two minor things, probably…uh, is there a way to make it stop zooming in when the mouse wheel while holding “CTRL” down? And is there a way to hide the “Click to Start Monitoring” on the Record Leveling bar?

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I don#t know what you mean by “track-thingie” and the arrow symbols.

Are you sure you have the latest Audacity 2.1.2 from http://audacityteam.org/download/?

CTRL and single left-click in the blue waves starts standard Scrubbing. CTRL and double left-click in the blue waves does a “scroll-scrub”.

If you just want to click at a point to play at standard speed, left-click at that point in the Timeline above the blue waves. This does Timeline Quick-Play.

Mouse bindings are not configurable. Keyboard Shortcuts are configurable.

No, because mouse bindings are not yet configurable. They probably should be configurable, if we want scrubbing to be hidden behind a mouse action.

Most of us want to change scrubbing so there is a more discoverable method to turn it on, or have a dedicated scrubbing bar.

Only by clicking Recording Meter Toolbar to start monitoring. :wink:

Gale

Thank you very much. Yes, I am using the lastest version. I am sorry I couldn’t be more specific. I don’t know what the things are called. >_< Sorry! And thanks for the help! I will write back when I know what I am talking about! :slight_smile:

Juust press the Stop button in the Transport Toolbar.

We are working hard with the developer of scrubbing to improve the interface for scrubbing for the upcoming 2.1.3 release.

WC

No - that was added deliberately to make monitoring “discoverable”.

WC

That is also a design feature that is valued by many users - so once again this is extremely unlikely to be removed or hidden.

WC

Thank you very much for your replies. :slight_smile:
It’s just that when I want to zoom in on the track, it makes the waves big. It’s the 1.0 0.5 0 -0.5 -1.0, I mean. :slight_smile:

Don’t zoom over the vertical scale to left of the blue waves. Zoom over the blue waves themselves.

That said, you can’t really zoom at the absolute start of the track, the way that feature is now. Would it help if the vertical zoom did not happen until the mouse was further to left of the blue waves?

Gale