Using Win 7 Home Premium, v. 6.1, Build 7601, svc pack 1; using Audacity 2.0.1, off U-Tube, probably zip, but I’ve forgotten, installed LAME
First, I want to say, what an excellent program! Until this problem, Audacity has worked flawlessly through 100’s of hours of recording at a studio level of narration. I have successfully exported many *.wav and *.mp3 files of 10-45 mins length each (for a non-profit organization).
(1) I cannot make LABEL TRACKS in any file. (I do not have any other type of track made or attempted on the file.
(2) The file previously has been successfully exported and used.
(3) I follow the tutorial exactly, I think.
(4) I make 5 tracks, each named, and with a “bar” showing across the segment of the track on the waveform above it.
(5) Each track shows this :bar"(a line with the label in a box on it).
(6) WHEN I (MULTIPLE) EXPORT: Only the 1st track exports.
(7) I have NO OPTION TO EXPORT ADDITIONAL TRACKS AS I BELIEVE I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE.
(8) The exported Track plays properly.
(9) COMMENT: The waveform on screen is a single piece, of course; my tracks are labelled as “INTRO TR 01” etc, and they are sequenced on the pane end-to-end, each in its own box/line.
(10) The exported file is named “Track i.” not INTRO, as is the initially exported file.
Those should sort you out, in addition to obtaining 2.0.6 from us.
From your description, perhaps you have one line of blue wave, but multiple label tracks. Audio is only exported for the labels in the uppermost label track in the project, so the answer is to put all the labels in one label track.
If you have multiple audio tracks above each other (multiple rows of blue wave) then in Export Multiple, choose to split files by tracks, not by labels.