I AM NOT GETTING SOUND WHEN RECORDING FROM CASSETTE

I received my ezcap it90 151204 and downloaded the software cd. After setting up the system I put a cassette in the player and started it then hit record on the computer screen. At first it was recording the sound so I set the recording level and it worked great. After playing the recording back it sounded good. The next time I started recording I could not get any sound and the sound meters were just barely moving. I rechecked the volumn level control and still no sound. What can I do to get the sound back. Jim :question:

Make sure to plug-in the USB before starting Audacity. Then, select the USB device as your [u]Recording Device[/u].

and downloaded the software cd.

If you installed Audacity from a CD, you may not have the latest version (2.1.2). If not, I recommend you download and install [u]Audacity 2.1.2[/u]. Then if you want to make MP3s, download and install the optional LAME MP3 encoder. And, if you want to open or save a wide variety of audio formats, download and install the optional FFmpeg Import/Export library.