How to create autohypnosis session with audacity

Hello,

Since 2 months I recording autohypnosis session and then upload mp3 on website. I creating recordings with headset Plantronics C320 USB and laptop. This is my home not very professional ministudio :slight_smile: . I wanna ask you how to editing recorded audios. For now, after recording I reducing noise, normalize, de-clicker and export to mp3, sometimes I try editing with this instructions: www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/comments/2fd6oz/i_found_out_how_to_improve_my_audio_quality/

The second option is great, but after all my voice is to much power ( I mean to much yellow and red colour in Playback Meter Toolbar).

Maybe you have some ideas for recordings like this autohypnosis audios?

Great day!
Przemek

I wanna ask you how to editing recorded audios. For now, after recording I reducing noise, normalize, de-clicker and export to mp3, sometimes I try editing with this instructions: > http://www.reddit.com/r/letsplay/comments/2fd6oz/i_found_out_how_to_improve_my_audio_quality/

I like to start with the philosophy that a good recording doesn’t need any effects/processing.

From there, it depends on what problems/defects you are trying to fix (noise, etc.) or what kinds of creative effects you want to use (if any).

It’s silly to follow someone else’s “recipe”. If you find a “recipe” that works for you fine. But in general, you need to listen to each file and make decisions based on what you hear.

In general, compression and limiting are used to make the recoding “louder” by boosting the low and intermediate levels without boosting/clipping the peaks. Virtually ALL commercial music and radio/TV commercials have at least some compression (and/or limiting). But, you might want a “calmer” , less “intense”, and “more natural” sound for hypnosis… That’s up to you.

The second option is great, but after all my voice is to much power ( I mean to much yellow and red colour in Playback Meter Toolbar).

You’ve got a volume control. If it’s too loud, turn it down…

headset Plantronics C320 USB and laptop. This is my home not very professional ministudio

A good quality [u]USB podcast microphone[/u] or a studio-style condenser mic and an audio interface would probably make a big improvement. (Stage & studio mics do not interface properly with a consumer soundcard.) And, your mini-studio may benefit from soundproofing and sound absorbing treatment.

The keys to a good recording are:
A good performance.
A good microphone and good microphone positioning.
A good room (good acoustics and low ambient noise).