I’ve read the other posts regarding this and I’ve tried all the other suggestions but still can’t get Audacity to record streaming audio. I’m using Windows 8. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Did you go through our tutorials?
Not all computers can be “adjusted” to self-record.
Windows Vista and later computers (so including those on Windows 8) can always record computer playback using Audacity if you choose the Windows WASAPI host.
See: Audacity Manual .
- Open Device Toolbar .
- In the first (Host) box of Device Toolbar, choose “Windows WASAPI”.
- In the second (Output device) box in Device Toolbar, choose the Speakers or Headphones that you are using for listening.
- In the third (Input device) box in Device Toolbar, choose the (loopback) input for the same device you chose in step 3. For example, if you chose “Speakers” in Step 3, choose “Speakers (loopback)” in this step.
- In the fourth (Input Channels) box in Device Toolbar, choose mono or stereo.
- Start playing the audio you want to record.
- Press the big red Record button in Audacity.