Help with Ambeo Orbit plugin for "8D audio" effect (problem since Audacity update)

Using Audacity 3.2.1 32 Bit on Windows 10

Hello peeps,

I used to use the Sennheiser Ambeo Orbit plugin to create an “8D audio” effect of the sound source moving around the listener. The way I did it was to open the track I wanted to move, then open the plugin without having anything selected, then start to re-record the track onto a new track with the audio input set to audio output loopback. I just had to move the sound source angle within the Ambeo Orbit plugin by hand while re-recording, and the sound behaved accordingly in realtime. Yay!

Now when I try to open the plugin without having any audio highlighted I get an error message (“select audio to apply effect”). I can still select (part of) a track and then apply the plugin with a set angle. But I don’t seem to be able to move the angle in real time anymore. That must have changed with one of the recent Audacity updates - I don’t know which one since I haven’t needed that feature for a while. But I really need it again now.

Any idea what to do? AFAIK there’s no option in Audacity to set up a control track for continuous changes of plugin parameters either, is there?

Plz send help …

v3 Audacity has (temporarily?) sacrificed real-time VST2 functionality for VST3.
If you want VST2 effects to function in real-time in Audacity, you’ll have to revert to an old version …

Or install the VST3 version of the plug-in, if it exists.
[I believe VST2 realtime support is to be reintroduced into Audacity, sometime in the future].

Thank you, there is a VST3 version available, I’ll check it out! :bulb: