Help - audacity only recognizing 2 mics

Hello,

I have a Behringer uphoria 404 audio interface, so 4 inputs. I have 3 microphones plugged into it and no matter what I do, Audacity will only recognize 2 of them. I’ve played around with settings and inputs within Audacity for hours upon hours… nothing. Perhaps most frustrating - I’ve actually gotten this to work before. But I think maybe system updates (either Audacity of possibly Windows) could be causing it not to work now.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

There is some information about multi-tracking in the user manual, but a lot of people have trouble with it. :frowning:

You may need a full DAW

I have the same audio interface but haven’t needed to use three mikes. However, in other apps, I have noticed a tendency to group the inputs in pairs ie 1-2, 3-4. You didn’t mention which OS you are using or whether you installed the latest Behringer driver (if using Windows). One full-featured DAW not mentioned on DVDdoug’s list is Tracktion’s Waveform 12 Free. Works on Windows, Mac & Linux. You could also try Ocenaudio to see if it behaves any differently from Audacity.

Worth a try!

Mark B

Thanks. Yea, typically it gives me the option to group 1-2, 3-4, or 1-4. So I think, in theory, I should be able to get 4 mono tracks in 1-4… yet when I start recording it only gives me 2.

Waveform worked with no issues. Thanks for the suggestion!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.