Want to transfer long dead friend’s county music jambs to my computer.
My current hardware-
Windows 10; Audacity 2.1.1
Tape Player is an AKIA GX4000D with RCA stereo out
Asus ZS97 WS Motherboard with onboard soundcard
Kenwood VR-507 audio-video surround sound receiver with RCA jacks for in and out.
- How do I get the recordings from the 4000d into the computer?
- My assumption is that the receiver is required between the 4000d and the computer? 4000D does not have powered output.
- I have read that onboard sound input is not the best to transfer music to Audacity. Will I need another piece of hardware in the setup?
- If yes, what is recommended?
- Last question, some of the tapes are 12 hours long, can Audacity record the entire tape to one file? If not, what is the max file size for Audacity.
Any help appreciated.