Getting rid of gray lines to select track for conversion to WAV

I am a noob and have somehow managed to make it through recording and editing an audiobook through passion and often hatred of sound editing. I am done, and will be spending all day in processing to convert each chapter to WAV and upload for approval. There are gray lines that keep me from highlighting each chapter that I manually set which shows up as black lines. I can’t just double-click, and have to shift and drag to the exact chapter separations I set. They are left over lines from the previous editing session, several in each chapter, and are slowing me down considerably. How do I get rid of them? Please help, I will be here all day, watching these green bars trudge along.

Version 2.3.2 Windows 10 I am actually close to finishing this process so this information is no longer vital. I am curious where those editing lines came from though. Have been working at this for over a year, and one day these gray lines started sticking around after I had deleted my set markers post edit. I never changed anything to put them there. They just showed up, and now they are everywhere, and they won’t let me delete them.

The current version of Audacity is 2.4.2: Audacity ® | Download for Windows

Perhaps they are “split lines”: Audio Clips - Audacity Manual