Fractional "Select Tracks" in macro not working like it used to

I had a macro that used to open a group of files, select the left channel, copy and paste it into a new mono file, remove the original track, then export the channel I want to keep.
Worked fine for some years. I hadn’t used in for a number of months, then I upgraded to V3.4.2 and the ol’ macro threw this error “The content you are trying to paste will span across more tracks than you currently have. Add more tracks and try again.” So I replaced the “NewMonoTrack” command with “NewStereoTrack”, and now it crashes with an Internal error (I’ve sent the info to Audacity). This is the original macro:

NewMonoTrack:
SelectTracks:Mode=“Set” Track=“0” TrackCount=“0.5”
SelTrackStartToEnd:
Cut:
SelectTracks:Mode=“Set” Track=“1” TrackCount=“1”
Paste:
SelectTracks:Mode=“Set” Track=“0” TrackCount=“1”
RemoveTracks:
ExportWav:

My thought is that somebody closed a bug that I thought was a feature. I know that the track commands (split track, etc) are not available in macros, and likely aren’t going to be, but anybody have a workaround? I basically just want to silence the right channel and export to mono; and I have to do this for sometimes hundreds of audios. It’s trivial for a few files and agonizing for hundreds.

Thanks,

Selecting fractional tracks appears to be broken or discontinued.

The crash is most likely this bug: Internal Error when pasting to new stereo track with macro · Issue #5790 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

1 Like

Same cpp file and error, and very similar commands except the error line reported with my macro is 1503. Thanks, I won’t waste any more cycles wondering what I’m doing wrong.

I’ve logged the “fractional track” issue here: Selecting one channel of a stereo track with macro fails · Issue #5836 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.