FFT filter questions

I am looking for a bit of information about the fft filters that audacity uses. I know this isn’t really compiling the application, but it seemed like the best place for these questions.

1. Are the fft files that Adobe Audition creates the same as the ones Audacity uses?
    2)Is there a way to save a fft filter in audacity for later use?
    3)I have read both the FFT.cpp and RealFFT.cpp files and I am a bit confused. What I am wanting to do is have a small simple app that I can specify a OGG and a fft and it will split the file and create 2 new ogg files (1 without the “noise” and 1 that is only the “noise”). So my question is- What file in the source code would I find the part where Audacity actually applies the filter to the song? Or even better- is there already an app written that does what I am looking to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Probably not.

2. I presume that you are talking about FFT filter in Audacity 1.2.x, in which case the answer is no. Audacity 1.3.9 uses an enhanced version of the Equalizer effect instead of the FFT filter and you can save your settings in this.

3. This sounds like Audacity 1.3, and the effect you are asking about sounds like Noise Removal.
    You could look at; NoiseRemoval.cpp and NoiseRemoval.h
    No point asking me about these - I don’t know. If you are a programmer, you could try asking on the audacity-dev e-mail list.
    https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/audacity-devel