Exports drop in pitch, resample didn't resolve

Audacity 2.3.2
Windows 10 Home, version 1903. OS Build 18362.476

Hey All,

I’ve been experiencing an issue where entire projects will drop in pitch by about an octave. There doesn’t appear at surface level to be a rhyme or reason - it happens to the exports (both MP3 and WAV) about 80% of the time, but sometimes it happens to the project file (about 40% of the time).

I’ve tried changing the sample rate between 32, 44.1, and 48. I’ve also resampled between the three and tried changing the sample format between 32-bit float and 24-bit. Most of the time the exported file will sound great when exported on the original PC, but the shift will present itself when it is played back on another device (another computer, in this case) or in the cloud (through my podcast hosting service and Google Drive).

:astonished: Are you sure it’s a full octave? …If you play-back at half the original sample rate the pitch will drop one octave and the speed will drop in half. A 3-minute song will take 6 minutes.

“Normal” resampling is done in a way that doesn’t change pitch. Sometimes it can solve a problem but it usually doesn’t fix the root problem.