New to but generally ok using Audacity features but having problems in showing all track ltitles when multple exporting both as Wav or Mp3.
- Played vinyl and recorded ok
- Selected TRACKS > New > ADD LABEL
- Completed adding labels ok
- File > Export Multiple set location /format etc same result wirh Wav and Mp3 ) and using LABEL/TRACKNAME .Split files set to LABELS ( although have tried set to TRACKS with same result
- Exported sucessfully.
The album plays all tracks in order but when viewing album it only shows one track title. I have entered meta data for each track but only the last entry shows . I am trying to get the same results when i import a cd to Itunes which shows all songs with titles .
Can anyone assist and tell me what I am doing wrong.
To get individual tracks on an audio CD, you need to export each song as a separate file. See tutorials 5 and 6 from this page: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_copying_tapes_lps_or_minidiscs_to_cd.html
iTunes supports special “chapter” tags for some audio formats, which allow a single large file to appear as multiple songs. These special tags are not widely supported, and are not supported by Audacity. Options available to you are:
- Use iTunes to add chapter tags to the single large file.
- Split the single large file into separate files, one per song (as described for making a CD), then create a “play list” in iTunes to group the separate files together.
The second option (using a play list and separate files) is supported by most other medial players as well as iTunes.
Many thanks . Have tried as you say and so far works fine .