Export mp3 To Same Folder As Opened From?

I’m running Audacity 3.0.2 on Windows 10 v. 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985)

I run Audacity by right clicking on an mp3 file and selecting “Open with >” and then clicking on “Audacity Cross-Platform Sound Editor”.
The mp3 files originally came from a recording device called a Sony “IC Recorder” and contain conversations I have with people.
I need to crop the file to leave just the conversation part and remove the beginning and end noise.

I have several folders, each containing an mp3 that needs editing. After I finish my edits, I try to export the cropped mp3 file.
Audacity always selects the previous folder that I was working in, and not the current folder from which the mp3 file was originally opened.
So I have to search for the correct folder using the “Save in:” drop-down menu.

Is there a way to force Audacity to select, by default, the same folder for Exporting the mp3 file as the original folder that it opened the mp3 file from?

Firstly, I would NOT recommend overwriting the original MP3. If you overwrite and anything goes wrong (such as trimming too much, or using too low kbps for the MP3, or anything else), then you will have lost the original forever.

In the current Audacity 3.0.2 version, you can specify a particular folder for exports, or default to the last used export folder. See: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/directories_preferences.html
There isn’t an option to automatically overwrite the original as it is inherently dangerous to do so, though you could create a Nyquist-Macro to overwrite the original file if you really need to.