Error While Opening Sound Device ERROR (please help!)

Sup guys. I just recorded my Jimi Hendrix Mono LP: Axis: Bold as Love and after I was done, I simply clicked the Record button in Audacity to stop recording, and put my stuff away.

Low and behold, when I try to hit play just to see how it came out, it gave me this message:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j93/AirHendrix/AudacityError.jpg

I don’t know what to do. I saved the project file, and exported to Wav (32 bit) just in case so I get my first “recording of the vinyl” intact lol.

What should I do? Should I simply restart Audacity, and open up the Project File again or would I lose major quality by doing so?

Just wondering.

I run a Win XP Machine, homebrew (Amd Athlon 3700), Sapphire X1650xt video card, 3 gigs of ram…

Please lemme know by tonight guys cause I gotta go to sleep soon. Peace :smiley:.

By the way, its Audacity 1.2.6. I have to use it for my Turntable because that’s the only way I can use the USB Codec for my Turntable.

<<>>

By tonight where? Let’s see, in LA it’s 2330 hrs. PM. In the evening.

Forget the project and open up the WAV file. Cut with that. I do not use Audacity Projects because they’re brittle. I always Export as WAV after any capture, important or not. I understand you can’t do that with a multiple channel show, but for everything else…

Koz