Error reading/writing from C: disk

Hi,

I think I know what the problem is here - I suspect I just don’t have enough free memory/RAM to do what I’m trying to do - but I repeatedly get the following error when I try to run a loudness normalization on my project (4 mono tracks):

{
“timestamp”: 1708642561,
“event_id”: “503628acfe8226408f8c882c89dd0ab0”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.4.2”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.22621”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “File_Error”,
“value”: “Audacity failed to read from a file in .”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.rc”: “11”,
“sqlite3.context”: “SqliteSampleBlock::GetBlob::step”
}
}
}
]
}
}

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. My computer is very lightweight and low on disk space…I was attempting to do this project from an external (USB) hard drive, but I’ve since learned that that’s not a good idea, either. Any suggestions, short of “buy a new computer,” are welcome!

My computer info, if it helps:
|—|—|
|Processor|Intel(R) Core™ i5-1035G4 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.50 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB (7.60 GB usable)|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|

And I have about 16 free GB of space on the C: disc. (900ish on the external disc I was trying to use before, but I’ve read that one shouldn’t use externals for Audacity?)

No. Actually the error is unrelated to your drive. The “sqlite3.rc”: “11” error is an indication your project is corrupt, and it causes Audacity to shoot out your misleading message. See (11) SQLITE_CORRUPT here: Result and Error Codes. Perhaps the developers could display a more meaningful message.

To repair your project, see here: Corrupt or Otherwise Broken Audacity Project Recovery

Thanks. That’s helpful to know, but I’m not sure exactly what that could mean. Is it the audacity project itself that’s corrupt?

As an example, I just tried to start the project over. I opened Audacity, saved the project to my D: (external) drive so the temp files would go there, then imported the five tracks I need from the drive into Audacity. Importing seemed to go fine. Some of the tracks are duplicate stereo, so I attempted to mix the first one down to mono.

That got me the error message, “Audacity failed to read from a file in D:,” along with a whole bunch of those sqlite3.rc:11 codes. But all the files in D: seem ok independently?

I sent the error report and tried to spot-check that first track…turns out that made Audacity crash. I got the exception code Crash reason: 0x40000015 / 0x00000001, which just seems to be “unknown error, probably data corruption.”

I guess, in short - any tips to figure out how/why my data’s getting corrupted? I’m not making it very far into this project before things crash.

Thanks!!

Yes.

Networked drives can be (and are typically) the source of an error.
USB cable connections can be the source of an error, especially if the cable is touched while the drive is active.
SD media can be the source of an error.

C: (internal) drives are generally more reliable in all ways.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.