I download plugin and place it to “Plug-Ins”, choose in “Manage” - “enable”, but the added plugin doesn’t appear in effect list, “enable” has been changed again to “new”. Please, help!
Unfortunately there is an error in that plug-in.
To fix the error:
- Close Audacity
- Open the file “mutron.ny” in a plain text editor (such as NotePad or NotePad++)
- Change the third line from
- Find the file “pluginregistry.cfg”
For Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 it will be in:
- Open the file in a plain text editor
- Search for the word “Mutron” in that file and you should find lines similar to this:
Path=<path to your plug-in folder>mutron.ny Symbol=Mutron Name=Mutron Version=N/A Vendor=N/A Description=N/A ProviderID=Module__The Audacity Team_Nyquist Effects_ Enabled=1 Valid=1 EffectType= EffectFamily=Nyquist EffectDefault=0 EffectInteractive=1 EffectRealtime=0 EffectAutomatable=1
- Change the line:
- Restart Audacity
To my mind, it works. Thank you!
I have now updated mutron.ny on the wiki, so hopefully others will not have this problem.