on audacity 2.x, how do i remove the voice that accidentally got recorded while taking a video of running water sounds? the voice is about 5 seconds long, but the video of the running water has to be shortened if i just cut out the sound. i would like to keep the whole running water video length and sound, but just remove the voice from that portion of the video. thanks in advance…
- Select the part of the track with the voice: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/audacity_selection.html
- “Edit > Remove audio or labels > Split Delete”
This will leave a “hole” in the audio where the voice was.
- Select a part of the track with running water sound. Hopefully it will sound very similar to the part you have cut out, less the voice. The selection should be a little longer than the bit you have deleted.
- “Edit > Duplicate”
You now have an audio clip in a new track below the original.
- Use the Time Shift tool to drag the new clip so that it is directly under the “hole” but overlapping slightly at the ends.
It should now look something like this:
6) Use the “Fade In” and “Fade Out” effects (http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/fades.html#linearfade) to make “crossfades” between each section, like this: