Echo When Exporting to MP3

I’m using Audacity 2.0.5 Windows 8.0

I’ve been recording and created MP3s for over a year, this problem is brand new to me.

All of a sudden, I’m getting an echo (high reverb) on the MP3 file. This echo is not on the AUP file.

As I said, I’ve recorded over 100 songs and I have not had this problem. I read the manual, as best I could … and I couldn’t find the controls to adjust the export to MP3 …

By the way, I’ve been meaning to contact you to see how I might pay you for the Audacity program I am using, contribute something to your effort. Until this current Audacity has been a God send for me.

Brad

This should be the donation page.

http://audacityteam.org/donate/

When you Export MP3, the Options… clicker should lead you to a panel where you set MP3 quality. Audacity default is 128 which should be perfectly OK for a live, real time musical performance, for example, singing into a microphone or overdubbing.

It’s not OK if you try to cut and Export MP3s from the internet.

Koz

the AUP file.

Just to cover the troublesome bases, you understand that the Audacity Project is not the AUP file, right? The AUP file is the English list of instructions for what to do with the pile of stuff inside the _DATA folder. That, in pieces, is where the actual show is. Neither will work without the other.

Koz