This is not a major deal, since I have figured out a workaround, but in case it is indicative of something bigger:
I’m running 2.3.2 under Catalina (so I’m using the Terminal launch). I record a weekly radio show (sparetherock.com) and I get the songs into Audacity typically by dragging from Music (nee iTunes) into Audacity, which imports them happily, whether MP3 or WAV or other. That has worked reliably for a decade or so. Now it works for some but not all tracks. The tracks that it doesn’t work for, if I find them in the Finder and drag them into Audacity they import happily. But it is a bit annoying to have to do some tracks directly from iTunes and some from the Finder.
So, if there’s a solution in the works, great! Otherwise I’ll put up with an extra 30 seconds per week.