If there is a trick is making FFmepg support AC3 in Audacity, I’d be grateful for someone to point it out to me. Here are the steps I used, which fail.
- Make sure Audacity is not running.
- Run app → English → Next → Next → install to default location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\FFmpeg
- Launch Audacity → Edit → Preferences → Libraries.
- Click on “FFmpeg Library Locate” button.
- If notified “Audacity has automatically detected valid FFmpeg libraries. Do you still want to locate them manually?” select “Yes.”
- If you do not see the following path…
C:\Program Files (x86)\FFmpeg\avformat-55.dll
… click “Browse” then navigate to above location → double-click on file “avformat-55.dll.”
- OK → OK.
- Preferences → Libraries → you should see “FFmpeg Library Version:” as…
If FFmpeg does not actually support AC3, can someone direct me from where I might download the filter?