Does Audacity log effects?

Hi all, feel very sheepish right now but been working on a project for 2 months and way back when saved an Audacity file with some killer effects. Now I want to use those same effects on a new sound and can’t remember how I created them thru the effects pull down…ouch…Can’t come close to the earlier sound. Does Audacity hold a special place…lol that stores info on effects like the ‘get info’ commands on files in Mac? Then I could just apply the same effects to this new sound file with the info hopefully stored…
Thanks in advance all…Shane

Unfortunately, no. While the project is open Audacity retains a “history” of just about everything that you do (“View menu > History”) and allows you to “wind back” (“Undo”) to any previous state. However, the Undo history can use a huge amount of disk space, so it is cleared when the project is closed.

However, the Undo history can use a huge amount of disk space, so it is cleared when the project is closed.

And doesn’t give you the option of saving it? Our machines have massive storage at work, and it would be insanely handy to have “Full Undo” available in a Project – say two different shows on the same machine on alternate days.

Try not to get stuck producing sound on a tablet or cellphone. We’re not all doing that.

Koz

Ok, I will have to get out pen and paper and write the effects as I add them next time. :frowning:
Thanks

Shane

The major objection to undo still being available after project close is still the huge and increasing amount of data needed.

A new Audacity feature could save the history of project actions in the AUP file (or even save it somewhere else) without major impact on disk space, as long as actual ability to undo changes in the last session is not needed.

Rather than write down the effects and their settings on paper, why not save them as a Chain http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/batch_processing.html ?

Gale