Hello all. I have created a kind of doppler effect on a descending guitar note to emulate the sound of a passing motorbike (think Bat Out of Hell). What I would like to do is pan it from left to right, start to finish to give it some spacial depth. I have done this sort of thing before by manually panning during mixdown but I was wondering if there was a way to do it software wise? Thanks in advance.
What are you starting with? Do you have a mono file, a stereo file with one silent channel, or a stereo file with the same thing on both sides?
Hi. At the moment it’s just a mono file while I’m experimenting.
- Import the file into Audacity
- Duplicate the track (Ctrl + D)
- Apply a fade-out to the original track
- Apply a fade-in to the duplicate track
- From the drop-down menu of the upper track, select “Make Stereo Track” (see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/splitting_and_joining_stereo_tracks.html)
Now that is exactly what I was talking about! Just been tinkering around and it sounds fantastic! Many thanks!
Note that you can also use the “Adjustable Fade” effect if you need more control: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/adjustable_fade.html