Crash on Export (clicking Export Audio button) - Audacity 3.4.2-alpha-20240229 on Ubuntu

I am on Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Using Audacity 3.4.2 alpha

Everything works as expected opening Audacity, importing audio, saving projects etc. I even built it with the new OpenVINO AI tools and they worked perfectly

I don’t have any logs in .audacity-data folder. System logs do not show anything when Audacity crashes

I don’t have FFmpeg installed (but Audacity auto finds Ubuntu’s built in libavformat.so which is: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavformat.so.58.76.100 so that should be fine

FYI, I tried it on Audacity 3.4.1 which also had the same issue. I could try on a much earlier release, but since I actually really want to use the AI tools, I would prefer to help you troublehsoot current release

To clarify, FFmepg does not need to be installed on Ubuntu for Audacity because Ubuntu distribution comes with the libraries out of the box.
I did try installing FFmpeg library separately and pointing Audacity to that library (actually it detects it automatically) but that’s not the issue. I just pointed out that I am running Audacity on a normal Ubuntu install to eliminate that as a potential issue (since I thought about that first, due to it crashing on Export it may have something to do with the MP3 libraries. But it’s def not that because Ubuntu’s standard libaries and FFmpeg both cause same issue

On windows, you DO have to install FFmpeg separately.

Also opened an issue on GitHub in case anyone is on there: Crash on export (Ubuntu 22.04) · Issue #6083 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.