Corrupt or Otherwise Broken Audacity Project Recovery

I tried again and also skipped to step 12…i guess it partly worked…it created a recovered file which couldn’t be opened because “This file was created with a newer version of Audacity. You need to upgrade to open it”. And what is Audacity 58.115.6 ?? :smiley:

Hmm…

This worked for me.

C:\Users\requi\Downloads\audacity-project-tools-1.0.0-win64>audacity-project-tools -recover_db -recover_project brokenradioactive.aup3
Database is badly broken. Running recovery…
Using ‘sqlite3.exe’ for recovery
Executing query #72 (PRAGMA writable_schema = off;)…owid_", “name”, “seq”) VALUES( 1, 'sampleblocks)…
Project requires Audacity 0.0.0

I have uploaded your repaired project and PM’d you a link. :smiley:

I have sent the developer a note about this “project version” issue. :smiley:

Yes now i can open it.

Just tell us if you’re trying to keep some spooky magic Audacity version to yourself, i caught you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the report. :smiley:

That is Magicke Spelles to you! :wink:

Mannnn im trying to use this tool but no luck. Can someone else take a crack at it?

[link removed]

Well, that is a big file :slight_smile: - I’ll take a look at it tonight.

Sorry, all I could retrieve was a 58.5 minute show with a single flat line. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I have forwarded your link to the developers. They’ll probably download the file during the next few days, so please keep the file available. They’ll take a stab at recovering it - if they are successful, they’ll let you. Otherwise, they’ll hang on to it to help make future improvements to Audacity and recovery tools.

For reference it crashed during a bass increase on the whole track.
Sorry it was so big, was a podcast episode.
Thanks for trying you rock!

I basically joined just to post this…THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had a corrupt file and this fixed it and I am so grateful to you!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi jademan, I am new with the linked problem:
https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/part-of-one-track-sound-replaced-all-sounds-on-other-tracks/64818/1

Is it something that can potentially be recovered by your software?

Thanks a lot. jdeng

jdeng,

First of all, this is not my software. I had developed some utilities on my own, but (1) they became obsoleted by newer software, and (2) this newer software which was created by the Audacity developers is far superior and easier to use than anything I had.

Second, Audacity has a powerful undo facility. Most of the time when someone shoots themselves in the foot, or inadvertently deletes some important audio or somesuch, the undo can restore the project to its previous state. Assuming you haven’t closed the project or exited Audacity, that is.

The rescue/recovery tools work well on projects that “announce” themselves as damaged. I don’t have any experience with issues such as you describe in the other thread, and I doubt they would “fix” your issue. But as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Give it a shot and report back what you find. :smiley:

Hi Jademan, I had prepped a cover of Love Yourself in Audacity which went corrupt but thanks to you, I was able to recover it. Lots of love. [Advertising is not permitted]

That sounds like total nonsense.

Hi Jademan, I had prepped a cover of Love Yourself in Audacity which went corrupt but thanks to you, I was able to recover it. Lots of love.

I’m glad to hear you got this sorted. :smiley:

“Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball

Can someone repost more current instructions? The first post is completely off the grid. There is no “releases” section and there are no EXEs. I infer that users are supposed to install a C++ compiler and build their own recovery tool? How is that less complex than the old “manual recovery” steps?

1 Like

There is no “right-hand column”.
There is no “releases” anywhere.
There is no “.zip” anywhere.

Does your page look like this:

Ah, thanks, My window was cropped just perfectly where that vertical line is. When I pan right, I see releases.

Unfortunately, for step 9, I get “file is not a database”.

PS J:\AudRepair> dir

    Directory: J:\AudRepair

Mode                 LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                 -------------         ------ ----
d-----         5/25/2022   8:24 PM                Broken_data
-a----         5/25/2022   8:22 PM        1419160 audacity-project-tools.exe
-a----         5/25/2022   9:55 AM          31704 Broken.aup
-a----         5/25/2022   8:22 PM        1199512 sqlite3.exe

PS J:\AudRepair> .\audacity-project-tools -drop_autosave broken.aup
file is not a database
PS J:\AudRepair>

So sorry. :frowning: Unfortunately, this recovery program was written to help:

repair broken or corrupt 3.x.x .aup3 Audacity projects

It does not work at all on 2.4.x and prior .aup Audacity projects. :frowning: There is no utility I am aware of that can repair these older projects.