I have recorded an drum audio track using the drums on a keyboard. There are some out of time beats and I want to avoid have to re record the whole track. I there an auto-correction function in Audacity or can I correct individual beats?
There is no “auto correct” feature.
If you just need to correct a few beats
- Create a new track (Tracks menu) - mono or stereo to match your original track.
- Select the beat that you want to correct (you will probably need to zoom in http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/zooming.html)
- “Split Delete” (in the “Edit” menu, or Alt+Ctrl+K)
- “Enter” to deselect the current track
- Cursor down to the new track
- “Enter” to select the new track
- Paste into the track below (Ctrl+V)
- Adjust the position as required using the Time Shift tool
Thanks, I will try that.