Converting multiple Audacity files to WAV

Hi, is there a way to convert multiple Audacity files to WAV audio files? At the moment i’m exporting each file individually and it’s taking a LONG time.
Using Windows 10, Audacity 2.1.2.

If you mean multiple AUP files, no. That would require extending Chains to accept AUP files, if I understand what you are asking about.

Gale

Hi Gale, yes i mean multiple AUP files… so there is not a way to set up a chain to convert from AUP to WAV like the MP3 conversion chain?

As I said, there isn’t. Audacity Projects aren’t meant as long term storage. When you’re sure the project is finished, it’s best to export then as WAV, and delete the AUP project file and its _data folder.

If you like, we can record a “vote” on our Feature Requests system that you’d like this feature in Audacity. Let us know.

Gale

Thanks Gale for the clarification. I would like to see this feature in Audacity - I’m using it to edit multiple audio files from another source and it would save a lot of time to be able to bulk-convert them to WAV files at the end rather than exporting each individually.

I recorded your vote for this.

Gale

1 Like