Compressed .aup projects continuously crash when opened?

Nearly 100% I’d say for me. Has been a very long time since any opened correctly by launching the .aup or by opening it from file menu. Every time it starts importing the Ogg Vorbis and crashes during that import. I haven’t tried it with a small file. Mine are almost always over 1 min and almost always more than 1 Ogg Vorbis track file.

Otherwise, was referencing the issues where, especially working with 3 rd party plugs, the App will just crash out after displaying some details (usually error is similar to Exec Bad Access Sigsegv Exec Corpse Notify) and will throw up a debug report, but clicking on any of the option will just crash the app. That or the app just crashes without any message whatsoever. Almost always during adding/removing effects or just working with effects. No real pattern as may only happen every once in a while with many of my well used plugins. Linux I had seen more crashes related to pressing play, record or other buttons there. I never found out what was causing the app to freeze up eventually when running on Ubuntu STudio 16.04.
https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/always-freezing-up-ubuntu-studio-16-04/42730/1

Purging Audacity and reinstalling from source didnt fix the issue with that one. Just did a clean reinstall of 16.04 Ubuntu Studio but haven’t tested Audacity again yet since reinstall.