Wow… that is Great! I still am puzzeled about what I’m doing “rong” but… I really just wanted a modern version. Using it is far more important (To me) then compiling it. Still wish I knew what I’m doing wrong but it looks like that thread you pointed out has the answers.
I’m afraid I didn’t even see anything on enabled-shared so no.
On wxwidgets I followed this
./configure --enable-unicode --enable-debug
*Then I added the headers directory to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Then I tried
wx-config --version and got a satifactory reply.
From the previous link it appears that there are a plethora of dependancies that I didn’t install. Its frustraiting. I hate surfing the net for hours trying to figure out what multitude of things I need to download and compile first.
I’m currently using Tahrpup 6.0.5 (Puppy Linux). I’m not into compiling, so I did the lamest thing ever: downloaded the binaries from launchpad, put all things together with the dependencies and got Audacity 2.1.1 working. Feel free to do the same, lol! If you want, I could send you the installation pet, but note that it works only on Tahrpup.