Cassette Player Recording Issue - Please Help!

Hello,

Let me get the technical info out of the way:
Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2
Audacity 2.3.3
Pic attached to show my Audacity as I try to record

So, I have been using audacity on my Mac to copy cassettes to mp3 files on my computer for over 5 years and have had no issues. Well, finally that has lapsed. I tried recording and usually when I record, I listen to the audio as it records to make sure it didn’t skip, jump, etc… Well this time I wasn’t hearing anything.
This is because Audacity is not recording anything.
I have double checked everything I know how to check and even provided a screenshot to verify that I have the right input/output selected, etc…

**You will notice the microphone volume it at ZERO. I tried moving it to 100 and it drops back to 0 after a few seconds. Tried 25,50, and random numbers, always back to 0.
I plugged a headset into my cassette player as it was recording and the sound was playing fine through my headset, so I can rule out a bad cassette recorder.
I ran a malware scan to make sure a virus wasn’t messing with things, all good there.
I re-installed audacity, no help.
Restarted, unplugged, plugged back in, etc… to no avail!

Please help!! Thank you!
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 11.01.51 PM.png

Audacity is not yet officially supported by Catalina, though for most, this workaround gets it going: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/audacity-2-3-3-under-macos-10-15-catalina/54279/1