At 96000 Hz you can save about 6.2 hours per track as a project in 2.0.5.
Four hours of 24-bit 96000 Hz FLAC export will be too large on Windows - the file size is limited to 2 GB so you will only get about 3 hours or less.
I just noticed that it was cut off. I’m trying other formats to export to now, no luck with .au - my linux workstation would play the file in media players, but in audacity it’s just noise.
I would have resampled and reduced bit depth, but the track is to be mixed, so I would like the extra ‘headroom’.
What were you doing when you saw an error - exporting FLAC or saving a project?
Saving the project.
Sorry but that sentence is not understandable English.
Sorry if it was unclear. Out of all my audacity usage, this is only the second time I actually saved (or tried to) a recording as a project, as opposed to exporting it to another format directly, using the 2.x branch. A recording a few weeks back, also 24/96 but only about 3h, was saved as a project successfully using the same computer.
So what exactly is the current problem? Can you open the project you saved?
I can’t save the project. I have the laptop used for the recording in hibernation now so I won’t lose the recording for any reason. So far, the 24/96 exports I have made are not usable on other machines (or rather, in audacity on other machines).
You have to be logged in as administrator to save to Program Files.
I wasn’t trying to save to Program Files. Always tried to save to my data drive (D:). I just noticed in the log that audacity had taken it upon itself to start making folders in C:Program FilesAudacity.
It just made folder structures tho, no actual files are in there, save for the C:Program FilesAudacitye00 folder.
Hence this report, it seems to me that Audacity somehow mucks up the paths of the files it’s trying to make for the project. Especially since objects that are supposed to be files (*.au) are made into folders instead as indicated by the path I reported, C:Program FilesAudacitybudoirfällan_datae00d00e0000a0f.aue00d05.
And as the logfile shows, audacity can’t find those files for obvious reasons.
Upon further examination, it appears that the one save at least PARTLY saved the project, as the D:buddingtrap_data folder has about 640MB of files in it.
The C:Program FilesAudacitye00 tree has about 3.75GB of data in it, so some of it was saved (albeit in strange places).
I enclose a tab separated directory listing of the C:Program FilesAudacity folder and subfolders so you can see it for yourself.
audacityfolder.rar (60.5 KB)